Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Frank

Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:12 pm   #11
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Name: Jim
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: Frank

Thank you Ken, Lowell & Doug. He certainly cherished all the friendships he made here; a big part of his life.

BikerDude.

Be Yourself. (Everyone else is taken!)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:13 pm   #12
MrJosePetes
Name: Josh
Central, Michigan USA
Genesee County

I am sorry to hear this news. Frank was extremely helpful to all the new Morel hunters that came through this site, including myself. This site is a wonderful resource and was a big help to me. I hope that somehow the website will keep going. I lost my dad to cancer two years ago so I can relate to some degree to what his family is feeling right now. I hope for peace for all of Frank’s friends and family. I have no doubt that when you reflect back on your time with him, the good memories will help you endure the pain and sadness that you are feeling now. Thank you all for inviting me into your extended Morel hunting family.

Josh
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:39 pm   #13
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Thank you Josh! Yes, thankfully we have many great memories to sustain us through the grief.
As I read your post, I recalled his excitement in MM early days' rapid growth. He had no idea so many people shared his interest, and wanted to talk about it. :-)

BikerDude.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:34 am   #14
Jochs
Name: Jeff
Southern, Michigan USA
Benton Harbor

So sorry to hear this, Debbie and Jim. Prayers for your family.
Frank was a very special person and a good friend.

Jeff O.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:07 am   #15
Judy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Unhappy Re: Frank

Debbie, I am on a ship headed to Sydney. Harold said you called and I am just devastated. He was such a wonderful man who shared his passion will all of us. I am praying for you and Jim and the whole family. I will be home on Fri. God bless you and yours. We have lost a great man. Much love. Judy RIP Frank.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:52 am   #16
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Thank you Judy. I believe sharing his passion was his passion once this site took off. Enjoy your trip, & God Bless.

BikerDude.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:05 am   #17
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Thank you Jeff; I know that Frank appreciated your knowledge and willingness to provide factual info to help others.

BikerDude.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:05 pm   #18
Tammy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

I still can't wrap my heart around the fact that "Daddy Frank" is gone from this earth. I'm secure in knowing that he is with his momma, singing hymns, enjoying the glory of Jesus and all of those gone before us. I know I will see him again!!!

We have some awesome pictures from 2 years ago, at a campground after a mushroom hunt. We wouldn't trade those pictures for anything in the world!!!

I'll never forget the early years of the board, getting to know those that hung around long after morel season was done. We had a pretty tight-knit group here, talking about mushrooms for a while. It soon turned to talking about our lives - families, interests, concerns. That's when this Prayer Forum was formed. Frank was instrumental in all of the above.

I had once made a comment to him, that coming to this board was like coming to someone's home...sitting at their kitchen table where you are treated as family. Well, Frank and Deb ARE my family. They have been through an awful lot of life with Jeff and I in the last 21 years. They've seen us get married, bury all of our parents, many of our grandparents, celebrated the births of our four grandchildren, prayed with us over a devastating cancer diagnosis, praised with us at a cancer cure, prayed again during a brain injury and recovery, and hunted some AMAZING garbonzo mushrooms with us. They've just plain lived life with us for a lot of years. To say we love them is an understatement.

Debbie, Jim (bikerdude)...Jeff and I are so heavy hearted for you and your families. You are in our constant prayers. Know that we will be there that day for you all, with open arms and open hearts, and lots of tissue. If there is anything else we can do for you, you know we're here. Always. We love you. So much.

Blessed beyond measure!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:22 pm   #19
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Thank you Tammy. Be assured that Frank thought the world of you guys! God has been so good to us all, & I know will continue to be. The many prayers that were answered in this very section of forum is proof. My wife is a 3X cancer survivor now,as well as other chronic conditions. She is walking,living proof of the power of prayer and his grace. Frank never realized what an impact he made on others' lives; but those of us here know. God Bless you & Jeff!

BikerDude.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:30 pm   #20
Tammy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Jim, I feel so blessed that Frank and I got to have one last conversation a few weeks ago...a good long one. There's no doubt how we felt about each other. My earthly heart is broken, but it is well with my soul that he'll suffer no more.

You're right, he really had no clue how much he meant to folks here, or how many lives he really touched. Talk about humble...

Jeff and I are waiting for word on arrangements. We'll be there. Keeping you all in our prayers until then. Blessings, brother.

Blessed beyond measure!