Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Wired in Norway
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:45 am   #1
SWMichRealtor
Enhanced Membership
Name: Ed
Southern, Michigan USA
Plainwell

Wired in Norway

Very strange typing on a Norwegian keyboard (they have 3 extra letters in their alaphabet).

anyway, yesterday we flew into Oslo and were driven to Tonsberg. It is one of the oldest cities in all of Norway. We walked a fortress town that was built in 1200+\-.

Tomorrow, we driven 8 hours to Bergen, through the mountains and fjords. <It is supposed to be one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.''

http://images.google.no/images?hl=no...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

We are too early for any mushrooms, although many people in the family we are visiting hunt them. Last week they had 12 inches of snow, but, like Michigan, most has melted and it is warming up.

Taking alot of pics.

Ed
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:05 am   #2
Deerslayer
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Northern, Michigan usa

Hey SW...just curious, on your way through the mountains tomorrow keep your eyes peeled to see if they have 2 tracks over there like we have here in Michigan or are their laws too restrictive as far as traveling through government owned or protected land.

DS
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:20 pm   #3
teutonicprincess
Name: Stephanie
Central, Michigan usa

Ed - don't forget to bring back as much salmon as you can carry. I had a pilot friend who would bring it back for me - it was wonderful! Hope you are having a great time! Wish the dollar was stronger for you! Steph
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:28 pm   #4
Ohio Transplant
Enhanced Membership
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

Great hearing from you Ed. Have a great time and take care.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:41 pm   #5
SWMichRealtor
Enhanced Membership
Name: Ed
Southern, Michigan USA
Plainwell

.:
Originally posted by teutonicprincess
Ed - don't forget to bring back as much salmon as you can carry. I had a pilot friend who would bring it back for me - it was wonderful! Hope you are having a great time! Wish the dollar was stronger for you! Steph
i have already had 2 salmon dishes. Tonight we ate a stew with moose meat. It was tough, although it had been soaked w\brine for 24 hours. Delicious.

Our host goes fishing in northern Norway next month for ling and\or cod. Last year they caught 700 kg (I think its kg).

Deerslayer, I will look out and ask about 2 tracks and use of the land. I have asked about the nature of the ownership of huge tracks of wooded land here (as a realtor, this is always interesting to me) and was surprised to learn that much of it is privately owned. Most of it has been in families for centuries and they have severe limitations on selling or developing it. But land is everywhere here. The population is smaller than Michigan but the area is 1.5X California.

Off to bed, 8¨hour drive tomrrow to Bergen.' Don¨æt know if I will have a computer to type on tomorrow and for the next few days.

Ed
Old Apr 5, 2008, 5:33 pm   #6
Happy Trails
Enhanced Membership
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

As I thought, there would be no reason to ask. You're having a blast and developing keepsake memories. Thanks for remembering us.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!