Michigan Morels index

Michigan Morels index (http://www.michiganmorels.com/funtalk/index.php)
-   Prayer Forum - Special Requests (http://www.michiganmorels.com/funtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   For a very dear aunt (http://www.michiganmorels.com/funtalk/showthread.php?t=843)

BikerDude Feb 2, 2006 4:02 pm

For a very dear aunt

My wife's Aunt, that she is very close too, had a major heart atttack last night. SHe was sent to St Mary's Hosp. in Saginaw for further evaluation today. Unfortunately, the prognosis isn't good.

Doc's say she only has about 15% of heart left undamaged & funtioning.

My wife has been close to her her whole life, and now that her Aunt is older, does all of her shopping, cleaning, errands, etc.

She's somewhat fiesty, despite her diminutive size. I just have a feeling in my gut the old sweetheart has more fight left in her than Drs, or others beleive.

Please keep her & her family in your prayers.

Humbly yours,

shroom vaccuum Feb 2, 2006 4:34 pm

Prayers are on the way. So sorry to hear the news of people in such stress!

Ohio Transplant Feb 2, 2006 8:39 pm

sorry to hear that dude. We're wishing her all the best.

up north Feb 2, 2006 8:46 pm

she is in our prayers I know someone who got news very similar to that, seven years ago and i ran into him the other day. god bless-------------

Frank Feb 3, 2006 2:57 am

Just learned of this when we visited Ginny tonight Jim. Very sorry to hear of it.
Tell Ruthanne and family we'll be praying for Ev.

Debbie Feb 3, 2006 6:57 am

Jim please tell Ruth Ann we'll be saying prayers for Aunt Ev. I hope that all goes well for her. God works Wonders for sure.

Debbie

Happy Trails Feb 3, 2006 9:37 am

Jim,

Prayers are being sent for your wife's Aunt Ev. I too have a dear aunt who is beginning to fade (frail and dementia) and it is such a sad thing to see. God speed.

George

BikerDude Feb 5, 2006 4:49 pm

Thought I'd post an update.

Aunt Ev is hanging in there, things aren't quite as bleak as they first looked, but not real positve as of yet. She is still on the ventilator, and her BP is kept up by meds. But she is showing some small improvements in some areas.

Friday & Saturday she was more alert, reponding to our voices with eye flickers, hand squeezes, etc. I even got a slight smile out of the corner of her mouth when I was relating a funny story about her to my Bro.-in-law at her bedside. Today she seemed to sleep more, and it took more of a effort to get a response from her. THe Nurse in charge of her said that was quite normal, not to worry too much about that.

Thanks again for all your prayers and kind thoughts & words. Very much appeciated by all.

Your friend,

Frank Feb 13, 2006 1:05 am

I recieved this update email from Bikerdude this evening.
Frank
.:

Good news!

She has been moved out of ICCU down to progressive CCU.
She has been without the respirator since Thurs., and is starting to eat jello, yogurt, etc. today. Also drinking clear fluids.

Understandably, she is confused at times, for example, said to Shirley,"Did you know I has a massive heart attack?" LOL

Her head is clear on other things, though. Like "the Schwan Man shoud be coming this week.I'm hungry for some of those stuffed cabbage rolls. I'm really hungry!"

They had her sitting on edge of bed today, and standing beside bed for a minute. Will have her up with a walker tomorrow.

What a difference a week & lots of prayers make!

Jim

lindamay Feb 15, 2006 10:56 am

Prayers to you all
Lindamay